At Masterpiece Painting Contractors, we know that Stucco is an excellent exterior finish for a new house or addition and it is one of the most durable wall surfaces available. The flexibility in design using accents, trims, texture and color are endless, but because of its rigid nature, stucco can develop cracks and holes over time due to settling and impact damage. Once a crack or hole develops it is important to seal it from water to prevent further deterioration.
If you’re buying a home with stucco, looking to repair, updating existing stucco, adding in an accent area or the entire home; Our stucco expert team members are ready to help you to seal and protect your property and to set your home apart from all the others once again!
Below are the “general steps” we will take on your Stucco repair and installation. Your situation may vary depending upon your needs as outlined on your Proposal.
Protect roof tiles, floors, and landscaping with canvases, plastic and construction paper.
- Break away any deteriorating and loose pieces of stucco, metal lath and tar paper with a mason’s chisel and hammer.
- Widen cracks using a power “V” blade.
- Re-caulk cracks.
- Install new double D tar paper.
- Install new metal lath with galvanized nails.
- Apply bonding agent on stucco wall.
- Apply the stucco patching compound pushing it onto the wire mesh and fill in the opening.
- Smooth the patch surface level with the surrounding.
While your new stucco is still slightly moist, we’ll match the pattern of the surrounding wall. Leave the stucco to dry and cure before priming and painting.
Apply blocking primer to patched areas.
We’ll paint the walls with premium latex self-priming to get a uniform and durable finish.
Clean up is done daily, as well as at the completion of our work. Stucco chips are removed and all our materials are packed up and stored neatly.
After our own inspection, you are invited to inspect our work and asked to complete the feedback card for our stucco repair and installation job and the crew.